Founder & CEO, Healthy Momma
My name is Flossie I am a Navy wife and I have 4 children. I am originally from Brockport, NY, but have lived in Gulfport, MS, Detroit, MI, San Diego, CA and now Point Mugu, CA.
I have my EMT license, AA in Science, BS in Psychology and BS in Biology. I am published in both Genetic Research and Toxicology Research and I was privileged enough to clown with Patch Adams and was well on my way to making my dream of medicine a reality.
After ten years of school, I finally took my MCAT and applied to medical school. While awaiting attendance, I started meal prepping for several friends after years of doing it for myself for my personal weight loss journey.
I quickly realized helping others become healthy BEFORE they get to a doctors office may be my calling instead of my previous path of medicine. Healthy Momma Inc was born.
Healthy Momma Inc. has a strong mission statement of “Making healthy food Affordable, so that it is accessible to those who need it most”
In three short years, Healthy Momma was able to
- Generate over seven figure revenues
- Scale to nearly 50 employees within the first six months
- Over 100 jobs created (with 75% of those jobs filled by military spouses/active duty and veterans)
- Nearly 500k meals served in San Diego
- Over 10k meals donated to homeless veterans as well as numerous organizations and non-profits
- Implement and sustain a hiring model for military spouses/veterans and active duty members that focused on flexibility to allow for the constraints military life often implement on families
- Opened a platform of advocacy for military spouse employment practices
- Partner and feed numerous national athletes including 6 UFC MMA athletes, 3 Bellator MMA athletes (Including two champion belt/title holders), and numerous lower level athletes.